Sun Studio's Memphis 2005

Sun Studio's Memphis 2005
Carol - Sun Studio Memphis 2005

Sunday 23 October 2011

We're Caught In A Trap - We Can't Break Out......


Hi - my name's Mike and I'm writing about my wonderful wife Carol - because I now need to.

Carol was diagnosed with Motor Neurone disease in July 2009.

I suppose I should have started writing this about 2 years ago - in fact I did start something, on the train back from a course in London early last year. It was called "Carol" and started to list all the things that had and were happening to us at that time. It's still on my computer - untouched since that day.

I've never blogged before - I don't facebook or twitter or any of those other things that everyone seems to do these days - I've never known what to say and I'm not sure I do now!

This is about writing down what's happened in our lives - specifically over the last 3 years - so that it's there for me to look back on in the future - I need to remember - although right now I wonder how I can ever forget any of it.

Somebody else may read this and see similarities to their own journey - or just follow the development of this dreadful disease in a person they don't actually know.
There may be someone out there who finds themselves where we were back in July 2009 or at anypoint we have been between then and now - reading about Carol's journey may help.

It's not meant to be seen as me writing a story, but I suppose it is the story of a life - a life that wasn't meant to be like this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment